Friday 27 November 2009

Reasons to Construct a ReacTable

The interest started in year 2 of my course when a group in my class made a fiducial chess board. Since then I sat in on a lesson about the ReacTable and ever since I have been fascinated with the idea of fiducial tracking, which led me to discover the ReacTable.

My growing interest with this instrument gave me the initiative to find out more information, especially knowledge of how it works, with regards to the software and hardware alike.

The design of the ReacTable interests me immensely and is something very special indeed. The visual feedback makes the ReacTable look like something for a sci-fi film. It’s circular shape, the brightly coloured screen, the exciting animations and coloured transparent blocks certainly it eye candy for any observer. I assume that this very hard to accomplish, but I am keen, however, to find out more on how the ReacTable manages to put on such a light show.

As time moves on the technology will advance as will the ideas of how to use modern technology to make music. Already fiducial tracking is becoming a thing of the past, people are more interested in just finger tracking at the moment. I am keen to try to make a tangible instrument myself and join the amazing people who are responsible for creating not just fantastic musical instruments but pieces of art using their amazing intellect and creative genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment