Tuesday 16 February 2010

My ReacTable Status 1

The software side of things...

So far I have printed out the fiducial markers and I have downloaded ReacTIVision and TUIO protocol for pure data. I  have decided to work with Pure Data and my computer's built in eye site that I am using temperally until I get a external camera (this will follow in my research later).

Pure Data has been programmed to reconise fiducial marker 16. I will run some tests to see if 

Pure Data and ReacTIVision respond in the correct way.

Test 1, Does ReacTIVision recognise fiducial number 16 and send it's imformation to Pure Data via TUIO?

Test 1 compleate

Yes ReacTivision does see fidutial 16, the picture below shows this, note how the number of fiducial is displayed in the center of the marker. Pure Data does detect its x/y possitioning.


Test 1.2, Can osc sound be heard once marker is held up?
Test 1.2 complete 

Yes when I hold up a marker 16 osc sound can be heard, demonstration video can be seen below.



Test 1.3,  Turn fiducial left, does pitch increase? 
Left turn = Pitch Increase

Test 1.4, Turn fiducial marker right, does pitch decrease?
Right turn =pitch decrease

(note video is inverted)



As you can see from my video's my tests were a success, the next thing I shall do with regards to programming the music software will be to add another affect such as reverb or delay to the x position of my markers.  Meaning that when I move the marker to the left or right it will effect the amount of musical effect on the sound. I will post more of my progress in a further blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment