Tuesday 16 February 2010

My ReacTable Status 2

The hardware side of things...

With regards to this I have so far been working via my laptop built in isight, I have just bought the following items;
  1. Round glass Tabletop which I had custom made from Trefforest glass and cost me £30. The glass has a diameter of 80cm 
  2. MDF wood which I had cut into 4 peices.
below is a diagram of the design of my further ReacTable cabinet

Glass table top case Side *4

I have decided to make my ReacTable square but keeping to the original circular peice of glass for the surface. 

I have chosen this design for a few reasons, 
  1. It is easier to construct than a circular cabinate
  2. It is cheaper 
  3. I can also project of to it's sides if need be.
I aim to perform my ReacTable for my final year recital in late May, and I feel that it is more important to master the audio side of the project before moving onto glass surface visual feed back element.

Yet.... 

If I produce a square box and paint it white I can project on the box more easily than on to its surface.  Instead of having the visual feedback I can program Pure Date to trigger pictures and videos onto the side of my box via the fiducial marker method.

This will it interesting for the audience as well as giving it a new edge that Is my own design.

This is the main reason why I have made my cabinate square.

I will post pictures of the finished product when I start to construct my reactable cabinet.



   







No comments:

Post a Comment